Monday 31 October 2011

Album - 2012















Since 2006, I have written 5 original scores for the FILM4 FrightFest in London, which have all been a mixture of strange eclectic music - from rock to cinematic sound design.
Fast, slow, rock, exploratory, operatic, bizarre and everything in between.

Over the last couple of years, I've been storing away ideas for a more conceptual album of my own - hopefully with a view to take it out as a live set at some point.
It was supposed to happen in 2010, but everything started to get very busy with other musical commitments, so I had to put the album on the back-burner until the time was right.


I have completed the soundtracks for two feature films this year.
Each film is a great learning curve, and I try to absorb as much as possible from the entire process.
The sound design is as important as the music itself, and you can build incredible dynamic layers into musical sections.

The album is coming together and beginning to take shape, and the pieces are sounding very dramatic.
Part sci-fi, part drama, part fantasy with everything from big solos to full-scale cinematic sections & operatic vocals - it's all coming to life!

I am now halfway through the writing stages, and I'm pleased to say that it should be finished and ready to go early 2012.
Demos and a promo video coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment